Saturday, January 31, 2015

Week #5 {2015}

Sunday: Somebody loves Nutella toast, but I won't say who!
He is such a great helper when it comes to emptying the dishwasher.
We went to church and got there a little early. We dropped the kids off and sat for a few minutes while I enjoyed a hot cup of tea. Isn't that guy handsome?
Then it was Sunday nap time {my favorite}!
I found my teapot and teacups in an unpacked box,
so we had afternoon tea with my mom.
Dylan just wanted the cookies and to make the tea, but didn't drink it. {Ha!}
It felt a bit "Downton"ish.
Ry liked it and kept stealing my cup.
Pinky up!
We played Monopoly for family game night and Chris cleaned house.
Sweet moment.
Monday: I was getting ready to leave to run a few errands and was shocked at how many bags I had to get into my car. #momlife
Ry was "reading" his Bible when he got to this page he said "Don't nuggle with lions!" {nuggle = snuggle} Guess he remembers the Daniel in the Lion's Den story!
Tuesday: Love when the kids get off the bus. It turns our relatively quiet home into noisy, fun, and somewhat controlled, chaos.
Wednesday: Yup, another cold morning at the bus stop!
Then it was time to start packing for my trip to California. I sent pics to my sisters to get their opinions on my outfits.
I painted my toes and then realized that I had to go to the market. So I wore flip flops . . . in 40° weather. Crazy? Probably! But I didn't mess up my polish!
Little man had a great idea to keep HIS toes warm . . .
put gloves on them!
I will cherish memories like this. 
There is such a huge age gap between them {8 years}, and yet they {most of the time} play so well together.
I extra enjoyed bedtime snuggles, even until he fell asleep, because I will miss this over the next 5 nights.
Thursday: The day I'm flying out and what do I do? Sewed a sleeve for my laptop.
And guess what, I really don't know how to sew, but I jumped in and just figured it out. The sleeve had a lot of mistakes on it and the tension was off {thanks mom for telling me what tension means!}.
But, I had a cute helper so I decided to make another one.
Much better!
I used leftover quilted material from Payton's headboard/footboard, a spare button {that matched perfectly}, and a hair rubber band to keep it shut. Each took about 20 minutes to make.
Then I used the first one as my bathroom bag for the trip.
Hummmm, what else should I try to sew?
After that I decided to just sit down and snuggle with little man.
Papa & Sasha arrived a little bit before we had to take off to the airport. They are staying the weekend and giving the kids lots of hugs from me. Payton's already sad that we are going to the airport. {tear}
Click {here} to read about my flight and the rest of my Thursday!
Friday: Click {here}.
Saturday: Click {here}.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!