Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Homemade Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup {recipe}

It amazes me how my tastebuds have changed over the years.  I used to hate bacon {I know, I was crazy}, now I love it.  I hated peas, now they are awesome.  And I used to love sugar type candy {skittles, peach rings, sour watermelon candies, etc} but now, give me chocolate.  Am I all alone in this???

The other thing I have noticed is some recipes that I made {all the time} when we first got married {12 years ago!} aren't so appealing to me now.  And a few of those have a recurring theme - they use Cream of Chicken or Mushroom or Celery soup. I read a blog post a few years back and the lady referred to them as "cream of chemicals", which got me thinking . . . What IS actually in that stuff?
Now, I still use condensed soup every so often, cause there are a couple of recipes I do love that use them. But then, thanks to Pinterest, I came across a recipe to make my OWN Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup from GimmeSomeOven and guess what . . . its super easy.  
Side note: It doesn't taste EXACTLY like the canned version, but in the recipes I've used it in, you can't tell a difference.  And, I know what ingredients are in it!

Thanks Ali for this recipe! Click {here} to be taken to her recipe.
~
Linking up at: MadeFromPinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!