Thursday, January 29, 2015

Leaving on a Jet Plane {California Day 1}

I left for California today {for my dad's birthday and a friend's wedding}.
It is gut wrenching leaving my babies for a few days. 

Ry said this morning : "Momma, you packing for airport?"
Me: "Yes, I'm going to see Papa Nutt for his birthday."
Ry: "I go with you?" 
Me: "No buddy, we don't have a ticket for you."
Ry: "I buy ticket for three five dollars in my piggy bank!

Hear that? That's the sound of my heart breaking.

And that was a follow up to what he said a couple of days prior: "But I don't want you to go. I want to hold you!" Plus Dylan hugging me and crying over me leaving . . . This has been very emotional.
When they dropped me off at the airport, the goodbye was so very hard.
I jumped on that plane,
and after a short layover in Denver, landed in Orange County.
My mom and sisters picked me up and 
had brought me In-N-Out. Yum!
{My sister, Jeannine had already flown in that morning.}
Even though it was 11pm when they picked me up, we didn't go straight home. We headed to Costa Mesa and stopped for 2 different police situations on opposite corners of an intersection. Crazy.
Once we could get through, we stopped in to see my niece who was working.
We got to hug on her for a few minutes,
then we went to my sister's house and started this:
We laughed, giggled, and didn't get to sleep until 1am {3am my time. - yikes!}.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!