Sunday, February 1, 2015

Surf City Marathon & My Dad's 75! {California Day 4}

 I stayed at my sister's on Saturday night because we woke up at 4:30am, stopped by Starbucks,
and went to Huntington Beach to watch my brother-in-law, Miles and Lauren {my nephew, Geoff's, girlfriend} run the Surf City Marathon!
Awesome photobomb by my niece, Kenzi!
We wished them luck and then they were off!
We FaceTimed my dad and sang him Happy Birthday . . . he's officially 75!
Then we ate breakfast at the Watertable at the Hyatt.
I had the most amazing Steel Cut Oatmeal Brûlée. The Orange Blossom Honey Cream was to die for. 
They got the buffett. Yum!
After breakfast we lounged around the hotel.
And they slept.
I LOVE getting sweet texts from my
big boy!
After awhile we headed back to see them cross the finish line. Not a bad view at the hotel, huh?
There's Miles! He finished at 3 hours and 6 minutes, taking 2nd place in his division!
While we hung around and waited for Lauren to finish, I stuck my toes in the sand.
It was a beautiful day. Not hot, not cold.
She did it! She ran her very first marathon! They both are amazing. I admire them so much!
We said goodbye and my mom and I stopped at one of my favorite restaurants to pick up some take out . . .
Wahoo's Fish Tacos! 
Blackened Chicken Tacos, Cajun Spicy White Beans and White Rice. It tasted as phenomenal as usual.
We ate with my dad and then sang him happy birthday.
That right there is my favorite 75 year old man!
And then I got to FaceTime that handsome man. Oh how I miss him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!