Monday, February 2, 2015

Last Full Day {California Day 5}

My mom and I ran a couple of errands this morning, and went to the Del Taco by my old high school. That may have been the 846th time I have driven through that drive thru.
It didn't disappoint with their $.59 Green Burrito.
Then we drove East on the 91. {side note: only in California do they say "the" 91, "the" 55. I have learned to drop the word "the" before our freeway numbers, and was surprised that I went right back to saying "the" there!} At 10am there is STILL traffic coming in from Riverside. Cr-a-zy!
We met up with my sister at Costco and then went to Corner Bakery to get their Swiss Oatmeal. It's oatmeal, yogurt, Granny Smith apples, bananas, currants, and cranberries, served cold. Oh how I've missed Corner Bakery!
Some friends met us there for a bit. Here's Judi.
And Misty and Sophie.
Then it was time to say goodbye to my sister . . .
I got to FaceTime Ry to tell him I would be home in ONE sleep, and he seemed pretty excited.
It was a beautiful day in the high 70's so we went for a bite at Panera's.
We sat outside, my mom in the shade, and I sat in the glorious sun!
We shared their Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich and Tomato Bisque soup.
Then my mother-in-law sent me this sweet photo. Chris is such an amazing daddy. 
For a late dinner we shared a Togo's Sandwich. I also bought one to take on the plane to Chris.  He hasn't had one in years and I hope it's as good as he remembers it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!