Thursday, February 26, 2015

Homemade Biscuits (from scratch) {recipe}

I used to just make biscuits from Bisquick following the directions on the box. Then I tried 7-Up Biscuits {woah - yum!}. But I don't always have Bisquick {or 7-Up} on hand.
So I stumbled upon {this} recipe when I was out of Bisquick . . . and guess what? 
They are better than the basic Bisquick ones {but then again isn't anything better made from scratch?}
I've made these a few times and have perfected the recipe to my liking. Wanna try them out?

Homemade Biscuits (from scratch)
Makes 12 biscuits
2 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon white sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup cold butter
1/2 tablespoon white vinegar
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 450°.

Pour vinegar into a 1 cup measuring cup. Fill the rest of the way with milk to make 1 cup. Set aside.

Combine flour, baking powder, sugar & salt in a bowl. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until it is coarse crumbs.

Pour in vinegar/milk mixture and stir until moistened.

Lightly flour your surface and knead dough 8-10 times. Roll to 1/2" thickness and cut with a biscuit cutter (or turned over glass).

Place biscuits on a cookie sheet 2" apart and bake for 10 minutes or until golden on top.
~
Linking up at: MadeFromPinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!