Monday, October 13, 2014

End of Fall Break

When we got home from the Amish Town, I started to feel yucky . . . My neck hurt, then my legs. My first thought was - flu. Within a couple of hours, I had the full blown body chills, aches, and a 101.1 fever. I layered up like a snowman, crawled into bed (early) and felt like I was dying. Then this sweet girl brought me some food.
I don't know WHAT it was, but by the time I woke up the next morning, I felt TONS better. Maybe that had to do with the fact that I had 2 littles come and crawl into bed with me to say good morning.
Since the kids had been stuck indoors with the yucky weather we've been having and I still wasn't 100%, we went to Chuck E. Cheese to let them play for a bit.
Ry would spend all day playing skee ball if he could.
Daddy and his mini me shooting hoops.
The ticket eater is *almost* as fun as playing the games!
We headed over to McAlister's for lunch. Craig and Sasha ordered the potatoes (which are HUGE and look amazing).
Their Savannah Chopped Salad is incredible. And I ordered Chicken Tortilla Soup for the first time . . . it was excellent as well. It had a slight kick to it, which in my book, equals = perfection.
The kids and I decided to (try to) recreate the Peanut Butter Crunchy Bars we got in the Amish Town. Ours DEFINITELY didn't look as good as their's but they tasted identical. Score! 
Ry approved of them.
Oh and Monday Chris and Dylan made Chocolate Chip Cookies and one of them was HUGE! (Yes, Chris has some amazing will power I tell ya. He had one small cookie and that was it!)
Monday we also had a severe tornado watch. I pulled all the outdoor stuff in, prepped our closet (to sit in) and got our helmets togehter. Ry and P decided to play IN their helmets while we waited for the storm to come.
Fortunately, we weathered the 60 mile an hour winds with no actual tornado here. Oh but I did get to see my first green sky! The lightning struck and the lit up like green Christmas tree lights. It was bizarre!
Fall break is officially over and tomorrow we resume back to our regular schedule. Yay/Boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!