Thursday, April 19, 2012

What a Bummer of a Day

I have been having sporadic contractions for a few days now, so I decided to go for a walk this morning.  Right after the walk I was in a lot of pain.  So much so that I called my doctors and they said to come in.

Yep, that is me trying to smile while hurting.  They monitored my contractions which were 13-15 minutes apart and re-checked me (3cm dilated and 75% effaced).  They told me that I should go home and labor some more (if I showed up to the hospital not dilated at least to 4, they would send me home) and go to the hospital when my contractions are 5 minutes apart.  They said that we will get to meet our little guy tonight or tomorrow morning sometime!
So...we went home.  Contractions continued and I walked some more.  At 3:15 the contractions had been at 5-6 minutes for 45 minutes so we headed to the hospital!  Checked in.  Got hooked up to the monitor.
I was checked again and still at 3cm and 75% effaced but my contractions were 5-7 minutes apart.  So they called my doctor to find out what he wanted to do.
Here's me waiting.

And Chris waiting.

The nurse came back in and informed me that I had a bladder infection and THAT could be causing the contractions.  They gave me an hour and a half to dilate more or they were going to send me home.  So I walked for an hour and a half (still in pain and still having contractions).  Got checked again and nothing changed.  So I was not in labor, and they discharged me and sent me home.  They said the pain and the contractions should stop within 24 hours.
Bummer.
And we are still waiting...

1 comment:

  1. Way to go team Lewis! We are so happy for baby Rylan! Can't wait to see him. Get well Becca. We love you guys. Miles and Davese

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!