Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Overwhelmed and Blessed

I don't know if I have the right words to tell you how I felt today.  I went to my Tuesday Morning Women's Group this morning and when I walked in, the other ladies had planned a surprise baby shower for me!  We started going to this church just 3 months ago and I was overwhelmed that they would even think of doing such a sweet thing for me.  They brought yummy, yummy food to eat, and we sat around telling war stories {oops!}  I mean birthing stories.  Then they blessed me and Little Man with gifts.

Here's the yummy spread:

Digging into the food...everything was wonderful.  I even brought some home with me!

Payton keeps telling everyone that she got to eat "booty cakes".  {LOL}  Then, I have to explain what they are:

Here's my plate:

Hanging out and opening presents:

"Little Brother"

Me and my sweet friends!

From left to right:  Rachel, Elesha, me, Carrie, Kelly & Laura

What an amazing day, right?  And you would think it couldn't get any better... but our friends, Mark and Tamara treated us to dinner tonight.  We got to double date (Thanks Papa and Sasha for watching Dylan and Payton!), have great conversation, laugh and eat MORE yummy food!  (So bummed that I didn't take any pictures tonight!)

I guess you can say I was spoiled today...very spoiled!

6 comments:

  1. I am SO sad I missed this shower! But, I'm SO glad it went well and you were surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great church Becca,.... sorry we arent together for this big moment in your life. Love you ! D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. =) I am loving our church! So thankful that we found a place that feels like "home".
      I wish you guys could be here (especially to have to you be my L&D nurse - that would have been so cool). But at least we have the ability to webcam, that makes it easier! Miss you and love you!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!