Sunday, October 5, 2014

Soft Glazed Pumpkin Cookies {recipe}

I came late to the pumpkin bandwagon. As in, I didn't think I liked pumpkin flavored things until a couple of years ago. I know, crazy right? 
At the store earlier this week, I saw these:
Since there were only 3 packages left, I figured that they MUST be good. And boy were they! Yum. (Run, don't walk to the store and grab yourself a package. You can thank me later.)
And now I've had pumpkin on my brain ever since . . .
Dylan and I wanted to make cookies for some friends we were having over for dinner. I of course wanted to make these Pumpkin Cookies and he wanted Chocolate Chip Cookies. So we compromised and made both. Ha! 
I adjusted the recipe ever so slightly and made these yummy cake like cookies that were super easy and super tasty. I loved them and hopefully you will too!
Soft Glazed Pumpkin Cookies
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
2 1/2 cups flour
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

In a large bowl, mix together butter, oil, pumpkin, sugars, vanilla and egg. In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Stir in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
Scoop the batter (using a cookie scoop) into balls and place them on a baking sheet. Flatten the cookies using a flat bottom glass dipped in sugar.
Bake at 350° for approximately 8 minutes.

Glaze
2 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
2 tablespoons water
1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Mix ingredients together. Making sure your powdered sugar is sifted (you don't want clumps in your glaze!). If it's too thick, add a teeny tiny bit of water. If it's too liquid-y (Is that a word?) add some more powdered sugar.
Pour 1 teaspoon of glaze over each hot cookie. Let the glaze harden before serving.
Yay for pumpkin flavored things!

Linking up at: www.madefrompinterest.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!