Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Life is Short {November 1st, 2016}

Today started out like any other day, and I had a full list of errands to run.  I went to the dermatologist to get a mole looked at on my back.  I had discovered it a couple of weeks ago, and with skin cancer in my family, I was pretty nervous about it. Fortunately, {Praise God!} it's just a "Hey your getting old mole." and I have nothing to worry about.

After my appointment, Ry and I went by my parents house to water their plants {they are on vacation in California}, check on their house and let Rylan play in their backyard.  We called my parents on speakerphone right when we got there.  Ry pretty much talked with them as I was unloading the car.  My dad told him to go and see Buddy {his dog} at the neighbors house.  We both had to go, so I said "I love you dad.", and we hung up.

Back at home, I picked up Dylan from the bus stop and was just getting some computer work done when my phone rang {right around 4pm}. It was my sister, Davese.  She told me that my dad was going into emergency surgery for bleeding on his brain.  I hung up the phone and called Chris.  He said "Your going to California and I'm on my way home." I think it took me a full 5 minutes to process what was happening. I booked a flight, rushed to pack and we were in the car driving to the airport by 5:10pm.
Here I am waiting in the plane {I had all 3 seats to myself!}.
Watching the Nashville lights at takeoff.
Waiting at my layover in Denver. I honestly thought I was going to be gone for just a couple of days.  I would see my dad out of surgery, help with getting him into physical therapy and then he would be coming home.  
I landed in LAX, my brother-in-law, sister and mom picked me up from the airport and we went straight to their house to get some sleep {I landed at 11pm their time}.
~to be continued~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!