Saturday, November 12, 2016

My Mom Comes Home

My sister, Davese, was able to fly back with my mom to Nashville and stay a couple of days.  They landed super early this morning (around 2 am). I picked them up and we headed to my mom's house.  When we drove up we saw this:
My mom's church family had plastered her windows and door with cards, pictures from the kids and a huge "We love you!" sign.
It was incredible!  This banner (the black squares) said "we love you Rachel!"  What an amazing church family my mom has!
We walked into the house and stopped to have a good cry when we saw this...  That's my dad's chair and his shoes sitting right where he left them.  Oh, I can't believe he won't be coming home....I'm going to miss him!
We fell asleep for a couple of hours and then Chris brought the kids down for breakfast.  My mom's sweet neighbor (who had been getting her mail and watching their dog) had left bread and bacon, sausage & eggs in the fridge for us!  It was a beautiful day, so we sat outside.
The kids went and played in the leaves.
A video posted by Rebecca Lewis (@lewisrebecca) on
My dad would have LOVED to watch them giggle and play in these huge piles.
Later we went to the neighbor's to pick up Buddy, their dog.  He was 100% my dad's dog, so now I suddenly have a soft spot in my heart for him.
Davese had some reading to do for a class and Payton curled up and listened for a while. 
Payton ended up spending the night with Auntie and Gigi and the boys and I headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!