Saturday, May 30, 2015

Week #22 {2015}

Early Sunday morning was spent snuggling with all my kiddos.
Then we headed to church,
where "The Church Has Left The Building". Instead of our regular church service, everyone was disbursed in groups to serve in our community. Our group went to a local park to pick up trash.
See the bottom left picture? Right as were we starting out at the park, a city park employee drove up in a golf cart. I turned to Chris and said, "Oh we're getting busted." since we were a church group, doing something on city property. And guess what?!?!? He stopped to offer us those pick-up tools to make it easier on us. How cool is that?
~
Chris {thankfully} checked the weather and we decided to do our Memorial Day grilling today instead of tomorrow because it's supposed to rain. Payton has been asking for days to try some shrimp so Chris grilled a few for all the kids to try
along side of our yummy pretzel burgers. {And I tried a shrimp again too.  I still don't like them.  =) }
I got to finish this book.
And little man crashed out on the floor.
Monday was Memorial Day! This was the only thing we did pretty much all day long. Although it looks like the sun is out and shining, it was actually raining.
It rained off and on ALL DAY LONG. We layed around watching movies which Rylan was very kind to document for us!
I finished another book that night.
Tuesday was more of this.
Wednesday we had a break in the rain, so we headed to the pool. It wasn't supposed to rain for another 3-4 hours when this happened.
We grabbed our stuff and ran for cover. And while the adults stayed under the awnings, then kids ran back to swim in the pouring rain.
That afternoon Dyl and I played Scrabble.
Then we made some Buffalo Pretzels.
And I got snuggles from him. Guess he was my boy today!
Thursday I got some fun mail from PinchMe. I can't wait to try the Kraft Parmesan Cheese. It looks yum-o!
This girl challenged me to a game of Attack Uno. And Ry kept trying to push the button {see?}.
It's blurry but he's adorable! And I'm loving his new haircut by the way.
This is a very common occurance in our home. Seeing this means Ry had to go potty and then he changed into pajama pants/shorts. That kid LOVES being in his pajamas.
Gigi sent the kids some large coloring pages so we had a fun family coloring night. Dylan got Superman.
Payton got Hello Kitty.
And Ry got Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles {obviously}.
Friday we went back to the pool.
And later I sat in the backyard watching my handsome/awesome/amazing husband mow our lawn. When a super-light sprinkle of rain came, I sat there for a bit enjoying it, but then the skies opened up and it down poured. I ran inside, he kept mowing and in about 4 minutes the rain stopped and the sun was out shining again!
I made a new salad for dinner that everyone had 2nds/3rds of. It was awesome. We keep talking about how great it was. I'll share the recipe soon. In fact I'll probably make it again soon too!
Saturday we headed out on a Family Funday Adventure. You can read about it {here}!
We ended he night with Rylan spending a solid 20 minutes making a bed for him, Dylan & Payton to lay on. He was SO proud of his work!
One FULL week of Summer 2015 in the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!