Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Dinner Fail.

We had some canned chicken that I wanted to use for dinner. I looked on-line and came across this recipe at Brown Eyed Baker. It looked yummy and while I didn't have all the ingredients on hand, I thought I would adapt it.
I mixed the following in a bowl:
1 can chicken
1/2 cup light mayo
1/2 cup light sour cream
salt & pepper

Chopped the following and mixed it in:
2 stalks celery
1/2 apple
1/8 cup walnuts

Sounds good right?
WELL.... I was also making Green and White Salad at the same time... In the same type of bowl (only bigger). And they were sitting on the counter right next to each other. I grabbed my feta for the salad, took off the lid and dumped the WHOLE thing right into...my chicken mixture - NOT the Green and White Salad! TOTAL FAIL. Then I started thinking - "Another chicken salad recipe I have calls for feta, so it might be ok." So I mixed it in and this is what we got.
Doesn't look so pretty, right? Didn't taste so pretty either. Don't get me wrong it wasn't horrible, but it wasn't excellent either. We ate it. It filled us up. But next time I WON'T be adding the feta. Lesson learned: when making 2 things at the same time, put them far from each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!