Friday, July 29, 2011

Coffee Milk

Since today was the last full day that Aunt Kelly and Brittan were going to be here, we decided to go to Cracker Barrel for breakfast.

Sasha grew up drinking "coffee milk" (milk with a touch of coffee in it) and she introduced my kids to it. Payton loved it right off the bat.
Dylan on the other hand...
...well it took a couple of tries, and now he loves it.
Plus, drinking out of those little creamer cups is so much fun!

We went and hiked Blankets Creek again. It is so beautiful back in the trees. It feels like you are in another world. Brittan said, "It's like you are in Alice in Wonderland". Afterwards I was doing some exercises at the picnic benches when Payton decided to join me.

In the afternoon, we decided to lay down for both kids to take a nap. I got to start reading (again for the second time) Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. I am 82 pages in and hope to read some more tonight. If you haven't read this book - please do. Such a great novel. With a seriously great message (hint - the basis of it is the book of Hosea in the Old Testament)!

For dinner we decided to make - oh yeah, you will have to wait until Saturday when I post "What I Actually Ate". I will tell you that it was SUPER YUMM! Then for dessert we had homemade brownies with chocolate frosting. Know what the best thing about frosting is?
CHOCOLATE FACES! (Notice it in Payton's hair? Seriously, how do they get it everywhere?)
I think he liked it. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!