Sunday, September 28, 2014

Bad News, Good News, Bad News {again}, Good News

So Friday night, right before going to bed, the screen on my phone stopped working. It was unresponsive. Zip, zilch, nada. BAD NEWS.
I went to bed worrying every time I woke up that night just how much this was going to cost to fix it . . . and thinking, if it is too much then could I really live without a phone???
Saturday morning I researched it and figured it was the LCD screen and guessed it would be anywhere from $150-$250 (based in what people said online). I took the first available appointment at the Apple store but it wasn't until Monday afternoon.
So we just continued with our day. Dylan had a football game in Wartrace, TN (pronounced war-trace not wart-race like Siri said. Ha!) It was about 1 hour and 10 minutes from us so we decided to make a day of it. We left early and drove the long way (only added 12 min) there and stopped in Bell Buckle where we tried to get some lunch. I busted out my huge ol' iPad to take this picture and felt so awkward!
It was an adorable old historic town full of antique shops. I said "tried to get some lunch" because the place was packed!! That main restaurant had no empty tables and a long line of people waiting to be sat. Then we walked over to a deli and everyone who walked in AFTER us was being served and we were just looked over (bummer!).
So we ended up at a gas station to get some munchies to hold us over.
~
Dylan's team did awesome. Here is is, running out onto the field:
They won 43-0.
~
That night Ry started running a low grade fever and was fussy, so Sunday morning the big kids and I headed to church while Chris stayed home with Ry guy.
After church we headed to Build-A-Bear. Forgetting that the mall doesn't open until noon on Sundays, we killed some time eating at Einstein Bagels (best bagels ever).
It hit me that we were going to the mall, where the Apple store is . . . so that was our first stop. Good news! My phone is under warranty so they will fix it for free! Woot woot!
While they fixed it, we went to Build-A-Bear.
Then we went back to pick up my phone and bad news, my phone is so corrupted they are giving me a new one {good news} but all my pictures are gone (I hadn't done a backup since the end of August). {REALLY BAD NEWS} I had over 600 pictures on there. Ugh. BUT I got a new phone and it didn't cost me a penny!
Wanna hear the AWESOME NEWS? When I got home, my iPad had ALL my pictures on the Photo Stream. I had just turned it on a few days ago. I was SO excited to see those!
~
That night Payton asked if we could put her hair in curlers. But of course!
I can't wait for you to see how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!