Thursday, September 11, 2014

Asian Chicken Salad {recipe}

"Mom, this is just like a Panera salad!" - Dylan
And that was just the beginning.
"This is the best salad I've had." "This is great." "I'm going back for seconds, maybe thirds."
I guess Dylan REALLY liked this salad. Payton didn't like the snow peas {crazy girl} but liked the rest of the salad. I thought it was pretty good. A nice change from our regular "go to" salads.
I started out with this salad dressing,
and searched online for Asian salad recipes that I could blend together to come up with my own version.

Asian Chicken Salad
{mainly adapted from this recipe here}

2 romaine hearts, chopped
2 large carrots, shredded
1 can mandarin oranges, drained
1 large handfull snow peas, trimmed and cut on the diagonal
1/8 cup sliced almonds, toasted
2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, cooked and sliced**
1 package ramen noodles, crushed

Directions:
Toss all ingredients (except the ramen noodles) together.
Sprinkle with ramen noodles right before serving.

**I marinaded the chicken in the same dressing for a couple of hours before cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!