Thursday, August 28, 2014

A Peek At Our (Not So Exciting) Week

This is the 3rd week of the kids being in school, and although we have gotten back into a rhythm again, there's not many exciting moments to document and share . . . And actually that is okay. Life is good. God is great. And I love my little family.
~
I made a double batch of zucchini chocolate chip muffins to freeze for lunches/snacks again.
While reading to Ry, I pointed to the peas and asked, "What are those?" He yelled "YUMMY GOODNESS!"
Awesome. I'm glad he likes peas. I hated peas when I was little. And bacon. {Actually anything that came from a pig. I know, crazy right?} Man am I ever glad to have changed my mind on both of those. Otherwise I would have missed out on this Crunchy Pea Salad:
Peas, crumbled bacon, and Craisins? YUM-O!
Oh and if your wondering, I just kept trying peas and they grew on me (I LOVE them now). And bacon? I can thank the hot dog vendor outside of Home Depot when I was pregnant with Dylan for that one. All of a sudden it smelled good and I had to have one. Then when I realized how good a hot dog was, I of course HAD to try bacon . . . And ever since I have been trying to make up for all the times I missed out on yummy, tasty, amazing bacon.
~
My whole life growing up the sewers all said "drains to ocean". Now I see "drains to river". Its just one of those things that make me pause and think of So Cal.
Rylan's been mad a lot lately. "I'm mad momma."
Fortunately it lasts about 3 seconds, he jumps up and is on to the next thing, which in this case was climbing a fence to watch Payton's cheer practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!