Saturday, December 31, 2011

Caramel Brownies {recipe}

Have I told you how much I love Pinterest?  I know it is a time-sucker, but when you get THIS as a result of that time wasting???
Totally worth it!

Anywho...  I had pinned this recipe for making brownies from scratch that was mentioned on Biblical Homemaking's blog.  I have made it a couple of times and it was always a hit.
Source: food.com via Rebecca on Pinterest

I also had pinned this Microwave Caramel recipe that was on my list to make.



Source: food.com via Rebecca on Pinterest
So guess what I did today???  Yup! - I put those two together and made a wonderful creation!  (You can click the links above to get the recipes.)  

I started making the caramels and while those were in the microwave I mixed up the brownies.  I used a 9 x 13 pan (because I didn't want to double the cook time), spread half the brownie mixture on the bottom, followed by half the caramel mixture, topped with the other half of the brownie mixture.  
(I put the rest of the caramel mixture into a 8 x 8 pan to cool as the directions said.)
When it was done baking I stuck it in the deep freeze to cool (because once again, I didn't want to wait!).  It only lasted about 15 minutes in there and then we cut into it and topped it with a little whipped cream.  It was still gooey and OH SO YUMMY!  This is something that I will DEFINITELY make again.  Oh and the extra caramels that I let cool - they were super good as well.  Chewy and fantastic!  Are you going to try this now?


Linking up at:
five days five ways | feature friday free for all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!