Saturday, December 17, 2011

Chili's Night (Recipes)

On Tuesday we had a Chili's Night . . .  I saw (and pinned) both of these recipes on Pinterest and decided to try them out.  We had Chicken Enchilada Soup (similar to Chili's) from Picky Palate:
I followed the recipe (exactly) and it was good.  It wasn't as creamy as Chili's (which is a plus in my book).  And it made a LOT of soup.  I fed 5 people and had tons of left overs still.

And then Chili's Copycat Salsa from Six Sisters' Stuff:
I made a change to their recipe and it was GOOD.  Real good.  {Although completely different than my hubby's Pico de Gallo - that is hands down my FAVORITE salsa ever.}  This is really good for making last minute (I would say it takes a total of 5 minutes to make.).
So you can click the picture above and see the original recipe.  But here is my version:

Chili's Copycat Salsa
(Original recipe from Six Sister's Stuff)
1 - 28 oz can whole tomatoes, drained
2 oz diced jalapenos (I bought the small 4 oz can and used half.)
1/2 small yellow onion (Not chopped - I threw the whole thing in the processor.)

1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon lime juice

Throw all of it into a food processor and puree. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!