Saturday, January 14, 2017

Saturday {McNutt Girls Weekend}

Saturday morning we headed out to see the Natchez Trace Bridge.
Then went to this place {any guesses?},
to get the most amazing biscuits EVER. The wait on weekends at Loveless Cafe is 1 hour + {usually 2-3 hours!}, so I've learned a little trick.  Want to know my secret?  Walk in and order biscuits to-go {they pack them with jam, butter, cutlery and napkins}, then go out to one of the picnic benches and dig in!
 This time I ordered 3 dozen and it was perfect.  We all ate to our hearts content and I had a bunch to take home to Chris.
Of course we took the customary photos before we left.
Then we went back to Downtown Franklin to take a tour of the Lotz Civil War House Museum.
We have so much civil war history here. It's amazing to see and learn all about it.
We ate lunch at Franklin Mercantile Deli.
I had a delicious Tomato Basil Soup and a Guacamento Sandwich.  Guacamole + Pimento Cheese = yum.
Cousin time is so much fun.  Penelope and Dylan are just 3 months apart.
We did some window shopping and took some time to listen to a guy {wearing a cow mask!} play the bass.
{Love you Vese!}
We made a quick stop at Shuff's Music and I got to hear Kenzi play the piano again. {When I worked for my brother-in-law, it was out of their home and she would often be practicing when I was there.  She is really gifted!}
Back at my house, 
Chris grilled burgers for us and I made Portillo Chopped Salad.
My sister's had stopped by Triple Crown Bakery to pick up dessert.
Super super yum.
This is Chris' reaction to all of us girls...  thank goodness he at least had Dylan and Rylan around!
The littles and I headed down with the rest of the girls to spend the night at my mom's.  We spent some time looking through old photos... like this sweet photo of my daddy.  He never lost that sparkle in his eyes and always wore that great smile.  Man I miss him.
SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!