Monday, January 25, 2016

Chicken Divine {recipe}

Growing up my momma made Chicken Divine often for dinner. It was one of my favorites. So when I got married, it was one of the recipes I asked her for. 
Fast forward 13 years and this recipe is now in our dinner rotation. Everyone loves it and we eat the entire thing.

Chicken Divine
1 refrigerated pie crust
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 pounds fresh broccoli cut into small florets and stem chopped into bite size pieces
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup light mayo
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon curry powder
2 cups shredded cheese

Place the refrigerated pie dough on the counter to bring to room temperature.
Cook chicken breasts in a pan seasoned with salt and pepper; shred.
Steam broccoli until crisp tender.
Mix together canned soup, mayo, lemon juice and curry. Add in chicken and broccoli and stir to coat.
Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan, sprinkle with cheese and top with pie crust.
Bake at 400° for 30-ish minutes until bubbly and crust is golden brown.

A couple of notes: 
•My momma didn't top it with pie crust, that was something that I added a few years back and it's awesome {she makes it this way now too!}
•You can make this with frozen broccoli, if you get in a bind, but fresh is WAAAAAAY better.
•Instead of the canned soup, you can make it from scratch, following this recipe {here}. I do it both ways.
•If it's bubbly and the crust still isn't done, I put it under the broiler for a minute or 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!