Saturday, January 23, 2016

Week #3 {2016} #snowmageddon

Sunday Rylan woke me up in the middle of the night with a nasty croup-y sounding cough.  We snuggled on the couch and he quickly fell back asleep.  He slept fine and didn't cough much the rest of the night but we decided to play hooky from church and stayed home in our jammies all day.
He did vacuum his room.
And Chris hung his shelves for his Skylanders characters.
3 weeks after my birthday, and I'm still enjoying the flowers my friend/neighbor gave me.
Monday was MLK day and we headed up to Opry Mills Mall which is right next to The Grand Ole Opry.
I had $25 bucks to spend at Claim Jumper so we ate lunch there, for $4.  Seriously.  The service is always slow there, but you can't beat feeding a family of 5 for 4 bucks!
- Yes it was freezing.
- Check out the middle picture - I can totally see Payton as a teenager {#holdme}!
It was so cold that when we got home Chris made all of us decaf coffees. {Less coffee and more milk/creamer for the kids of course!}
Tuesday morning was brutal.  It was FREEZING and the morning after a 3 day weekend. Fortunately Dylan was still all smiles.
And I finished another book {in 2 days thankyouverymuch!}.
We sent the kids to bed and then got this notification.
Wednesday. Guess all the snow day superstitions worked! {You wear your pajamas backward, flush ice down the toilet and sleep with a spoon under your pillow in the hopes of waking up to a snowday. - who comes up with this stuff?!?!}
This was our forecast for Wednesday.
It snowed a little bit.  And by little bit, I mean this:
We had freezing rain, so the roads were all messed up and there were accidents everywhere.  So I'm glad they cancelled school.
~
Thursday morning the kids had delayed start by one hour and it was heavenly.  It was a calm morning and I loved it.
~
I sat down to do my "scripture writing plan"and this was one of the days that God smacked me in the forehead. This was SO very good for me today.  Isn't it amazing when God has the right thing for you at the right time?
Ry Guy and I made a treat...
to celebrate the 100th day of school!
{They are excited!}
Friday Snowmageddon hit Nashville and I posted a TON of pics {here}.
Saturday we woke up to this:
And it was still snowing.
But the sun came out and it was beautiful.
The boys shoveled the driveway again.
And played for a bit.
Isn't the sky stunning?
Me and the littles bundled up and headed out for a {very} short walk.
And a few neighbor girls came and grabbed Payton to go have hot cocoa at one of their houses.
That night we had a neighborhood meet and greet party across the street.  We laughed at all the layers we had to put on to walk over to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!