Sunday, September 27, 2015

Leaving Home and Heading Home

The weirdest thing about visiting California is the growing realization that although it will always be home {because that is where I was born, where I grew up and lived for 32 years, and where most of my family is}... it no longer IS home.  Leaving is bittersweet - I'm sad I'm saying goodbye to my family and also so very excited to be heading back to my family.
~
Super early Sunday morning my mom and sister took me to the airport.
The security line took all of 5 minutes so I had time to wait.
I boarded the plane for my 7:45 am flight...
which is SO weird that it was scheduled that way because John Wayne Airport has a no-fly time from 11pm-8:00am.  We had to wait in line until we were cleared to take off {which ended up being 8:15am}.
My last glimpse of the Pacific Ocean for awhile.
And I was able to see where Chris and I lived {in Rancho Santa Margarita} when we first got married.
I had cranberry juice and Biscoff cookies and then slept the entire 4 hour flight!
My second flight into Nashville was awesomely bizarre.
This was my seat.  Amazing leg room!
But that also meant I was sitting next to this.
I also ended up sitting next to a lady who is related to Bobby Bones and the guy next to her grew up and is friends with a couple of the guys in Rascal Flats.  Talking with them made the hour+ flight FLY by.
~
Nashville!
And more importantly...  MY PEOPLE!!!!
Oh how I missed hugging these crazy, sweet kiddos.
And to end on a slightly scary note... when unpacking my stuff I realized that I had these scissors IN MY PURSE the entire trip.  I went through TWO security checks at the airport and wasn't stopped.
Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!