Monday, July 13, 2015

Busy Day Cake {recipe}

My sister, Jeannine {hi J!}, introduced me to this yummy coconut pecan topped coffee cake recipe years ago.  It was from an old Betty Crocker cookbook and I guess she had lost the recipe. Fast forward a few years later, she called me and was so excited, she found that same cookbook at her friends house and quickly copied down the recipe.  She had been looking online and everywhere for the recipe.  I giggled and said, "Um J, I HAVE that recipe. You already gave it to me."  
I had no clue she was looking for it.  Ha!
~
Busy Day Cake
(serves 9)

1 1/3 cup flour
2/3 cup sugar 
2 teaspoons baking powder 
2/3 cup milk 
1/4 cup butter, softened 
1 egg 
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix ingredients together and pour into a 8 x 8 pan sprayed with baking spray. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.

Topping:
1/4 cup brown sugar 
2 tablespoons butter, softened 
1 tablespoon milk
1/2 cup shredded coconut 
1/4 cup chopped pecans

Mix ingredients together.  Spread on top of the hot cake. Broil until sugar is bubbly and slightly toasted.
Try to let it cool for a few minutes before digging in.  {I usually can't wait...}
Linking up at: Momfessionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!