Sunday, December 28, 2014

Confetti Pasta Salad {recipe}

I'm really shocked that I haven't shared this recipe yet. It's from a folded magazine clipping tucked into my recipe binder, and it's a family favorite of ours. I'm sure it's supposed to be a side dish, but we eat it as a main course all the time, lunch or dinner.  I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Confetti Pasta Salad
8-16 oz uncooked small pasta (shell, elbows, etc)
pint grape tomatoes, halved 
2-4 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach 
bell peppers, chopped (one orange and one yellow)
1/3 cup finely chopped red onion 
3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
(4-oz) package crumbled feta cheese

Lemon Vinaigrette
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt 
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Cook pasta according to package directions; drain; rinse with cold water to cool the pasta

While pasta is cooking, whisk together all ingredients for the Lemon Vinaigrette in a large salad bowl. Add tomatoes, spinach, bell peppers, red onion, dill, and cooled noodles. Toss to coat.

Serve immediately, or cover and chill to let the flavors meld together more.

*Original recipes calls for 8 oz pasta shells, 2 cups spinach and 1 yellow bell pepper. The noodles are supposed to be the main ingredient, but since my husband's diagnosis of diabetes, I've adjusted it to more spinach and less noodles and it is great. Just play with the ratio to get what you want. You really can't go wrong.

Since I cut the recipe out of the magazine, I don't know where it came from.  I searched online and {this} recipe from Southern Living has the same pasta salad recipe, but the vinaigrette is different.


Linking up at: www.madefrompinterest.net

All Kinds of Things

4 comments:

  1. This looks awesome! I love pasta salad so I'm going to keep this in mind for next month's menu plan! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. This looks delicious and super easy! Pinning for later :)
    Thanks for sharing on Tuesday Talk!
    Katie @ Sweet Little Ones

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!