Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Bell Buckle & the Jack Daniels Distillery

I love waking up in the morning and having my momma upstairs. It's much better than having her across the country.
We went to Bell Buckle, TN to eat at the Bell Buckle Cafe. We found this place when we were out there for a football game and the cafe was PACKED. We knew it must be good and said we would have to come back to try it.
The kids loved the rocking chairs,
and then I noticed this (my bro-in-law's name is Thor!):
The cafe had yummy Southern food, great fried okra and red beans and rice.
For dessert we {finally} had RC Cola & Moon Pies. While I don't really care for the Moon Pies by themselves. I get the combination of the 2 together.
Yeah, giving jet fuel to a 2 year old . . .  not a good idea! Ha!
Then we headed to Lynchburg, TN to tour the Jack Daniel's Distillery.
The funny thing is, my mom has NEVER had whiskey and has no desire to ever try it.
I've tried it and don't like it, but we were game for taking a tour. Little did we know we were going to learn a LOT of history.
The grounds were BEAUTIFUL.
Little man was walking with his hands in his pockets {so cute}!
It was an hour and 10 minute walking tour.
and the kids did awesome.
They even asked the tour guide some great questions.
It was a great glimpse into some Tennessee and American history.
I told you the grounds were stunning.
And here's an attempt at a family photo there. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!