Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Nacho Bar - 5 Minute Dinner {recipe}

Everyone so often for dinner, I make a big pan of nachos, set it in the middle of the table and we all dig in {with the kids eating around the toppings they don't like, naturally}. Last night I decided to pull out my old school Marie Calendar pie pans {remember those?} and make a Nacho Bar, so everyone could create their nachos exactly how they wanted it . . . And they LOVED it! Know what I loved? It took less than 5 minutes to prep.
Here's what I did (Pardon my real life, unstaged, bad lighting photos.):
I turned on my broiler, opened a can of chili beans and while heating them in the microwave, I chopped 2 Roma tomatoes, 2 green onions, and pulled out all the fixings. 
Done and done!
Everyone came in, assembled their pans, and I stuck them under the broiler just until the cheese was melted and bubbly.
See?
A yummy, fun, personalized pan of nachos!
~
I wish I could find more dinners like this, that were quick to throw together and yummy, but also healthy. I guess that's my new mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!