Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Pretend Birthday

Because Payton has a summer birthday, we celebrated in her kindergarten class with a "Pretend Birthday" party. But before I get to her party . . . I have to tell you about my day.

Have you ever have one of those days? It wasn't a bad day but a lot of little (truly insignificant) things didn't go according to plan . . .
I packed up everything and left the house at 6:20am to be gone all day until dinner time.
In that time:
(1) Rylan had a absolute blow-out that necessitated in purchasing new shorts (no, I didn't pack an extra change of clothes).
(2) My expected $70 car repair will now be $199 (I'm able to go back later to get it fixed). 
(3) While headed out to have lunch (at Burger Up - YUM) with my friend Alicia, she noticed grease all over the back of my skirt.
(4) We were accidentally overcharged at lunch. (Alicia went back the next day to tell them and we both got gift cards to fix it! Yay!)
(5) It took me 20 minutes to drive what would normally take 2 minutes.
(6) The donuts I had ordered for Payton's Pretend Birthday were supposed to be ready at 2pm and I had to wait while they finished making them.
(7) While driving to Payton's school the car in front of me slammed on their brakes, I did the same and the donuts went flying . . . squishing one entire box of donuts!
(8) I showed up to Payton's school without plates, napkins, matches (I had the candles though!) or drinks.

But guess what??? She didn't mind!
And the donuts taste the same squished or not!
Happy Pretend Birthday P-Girl! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!