Sunday, January 8, 2012

Preparing for our school week

Sunday afternoons we start thinking and preparing for the school week.  Today that consisted of:

~Laundry - Dylan didn't have any clean jeans.
~Food - Making sure we have enough for his breakfast and lunches for the week (or at least the next day so I can go to the market).
~Water Bottles - Put them in the fridge.
~Reading Log - We have to turn in his reading minutes for the week (100+ minutes) on Mondays.
~Backpack - Make sure it is cleaned out and packed with everything he needs.
~Clothes - My sweet hubby lays out Dylan's clothes EVERY evening.  This has prevented SO MANY arguments in the morning for me. 

and my favorite...
~Lunch Sacks - We grab our markers and sit down together (tonight it was on the floor) and color together.
Payton usually comes in and wants to get in on the action.
I also write notes on his napkins for the week.  I know he likes it because I usually find them in his jeans/jacket/backpack pockets at the end of each day.
Here are our sacks for the week:
And of course Payton's masterpiece (which we have to pack a lunch for her sometime this week).

What do you do to prep for the school week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!