Monday, January 9, 2012

Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken {recipe}


Tonight I made this super easy dinner (that I had pinned on Pinterest of course) with a couple of adjustments.  It is definitely a keeper recipe.  You can click {here} for the original recipe.

Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken
Adapted from The Larson Lingo

4 chicken breasts (I used frozen)
4 oz cream cheese 1/2 cup light sour cream (see update on the bottom)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, drained
1.5 cups salsa (I used Herdez Salsa Casera Medium)

Place chicken breasts in the crock pot.  Dump the rest of the ingredients on top of the chicken.  Cook on high for 4 hours.
Pull the chicken out and shred with 2 forks and stick back in the crock pot and give it a stir.

There are many things that you can do with it at this point.  I baked small corn tortillas to make tostadas and topped it with lettuce, sour cream, tomatoes, and cheese.  Chris put the chicken in a big flour tortilla and made it into a burrito.  You could use it for tacos...serve it over rice... or even by itself for a low carb option.

This recipe is going right into my recipe book!

***Updated** I made this again and replaced the cream cheese with light sour cream and it was delish!  I will definitely make it this way from now on. You can really taste the black beans and corn in the chicken now and it isn't masked by lots of creaminess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!