Friday, April 21, 2017

Katie's Salad {recipe}

I got this recipe from my sweet friend Kati.  Kati and I went to Jr. High and High School together, and we were best buds.  Her parents always had the coolest, top of the line stuff...like a front loading washer/dryer {that was 20+ years ago!} and they were the first people I know who had a DVD player. {Yes, I'm ancient!}.  Why that stuck out to me as a 13-yr-old, I have no idea...but it did.  
One summer we spent the entire summer together...literally. We spent the night at each other's houses all the time.  We went on vacations with each other's families.  When we got out of high school we went on a few road trips, to Palm Springs and Las Vegas together.  We made some great memories!
Anyway, way back when I first met Kati, I went over to her house for dinner.  Kati made this salad...and I loved it.  It's super easy and you really don't measure anything.  I'm not sure what they called it, but at my house it's know as Kati's Salad.
Kati's Salad

1 head Green Cabbage, shredded thinly
1 large Granny Smith Apple, chopped into bite size pieces
a handful of walnuts {toasted if you have time}, chopped
a handful of mini marshmallows {Kati used the colorful ones}
1-2 containers of lemon {or lime} yogurt

Mix all ingredients in a bowl.

See? Super easy!

My kids DEVOUR this salad.  Yes, it's probably due to the marshmallows.... BUT they are eating a ton of raw cabbage.  I call that a win!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!