Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spelling Words

A while ago I posted about finding Foam Letters at the Dollar Store.  I thought they would be great for helping Dylan with his spelling words.  Last year I home schooled Dylan 3 days a week and I learned/realized something very important about him:  he NEEDED to be wiggling and moving as much as possible...even doing his "school work".  

So I came up with this little game.  I throw out the foam letters (indoors or outdoors) onto the ground.  Say a spelling word, and he spells it out, connects the letters and brings them to me.  Then I throw them back out again.  As you can see in the pictures, he crawls/flops around having a great time, expending his energy and learning all at the same time.  

Just a small/easy/cheap idea to make learning more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!