Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Moment Before

Have you ever had a time when you wish you could go back to the moment before and change an outcome???  Boy did I have that today...

Payton and I left for our first day at Bible Study this morning.  Since we haven't driven that route in the a.m. I thought I would leave a little early just in case there was traffic.  We got there with time to spare and since I have been craving a Vanilla Latte (can I blame it on pregnancy?), we stopped by Starbucks.  I haven't had Starbucks in months (actually I think it was our drive moving out here that I had it last)!

Payton wanted a "Kiddie Coffee" (aka kids hot cocoa), so I decided to indulge her a little.  We got to the car, buckled her in, took a picture of her with her Kiddie Coffee.  I took the hot cocoa from her and stuck it in the cup holder and told her not to touch it, that I would give it to her when we got to church (a block away).
I got into the drivers seat, looked at my receipt and saw that they charged me too much for her kids hot cocoa {grrr}, but I was not about to unbuckle her and go back in.  Lesson learned, right?  So I start the car and realize that Chris called me.  I called him back and while I was pulling out of the parking lot/driveway, still on the phone with Chris, I hear "Oh, I dropped it."  

WWWHHHAAATTTT???  What did she drop?  She had nothing in her hands, right? WRONG!  She had dropped her kiddie coffee all over the floor of the car.  Aaaggghhhh!!!!  If only I had put it up in MY cup holder.

Now I have a way overpriced hot chocolate smell in the car.  Oh the joys of being a mom.  I guess I won't make THAT mistake again!

By the way - Bible Study was SO good (can't wait to dive into my homework and for next week!).  I completely forgot about the whole incident!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!