Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Happy Birthday Dad

Today would have been my sweet daddy's 77th birthday.  I knew it was going to be a hard day, so I wanted to try to make it special for my momma.  Ry and I took her to lunch...
at The Square Market where I introduced her to their fantastic Tomato Basil & Artichoke Soup {which she loved}, their Granberry Chicken Salad Sandwich & Chips.
Then we went to The Balloon Shop to say hi to Tom and Vickie {the owner's there}, and have some of their yummy Blackberry Ice Cream...just like my dad would have done.  They are super sweet and gave Rylan a balloon.
Then we went by Muletown Coffee and did some window shopping in the Square {Downtown Columbia}.
Then it was time for Rylan's taekwondo testing!
He is testing for his Tiger Cub Blue Belt.
He did awesome...
and was so proud of himself {he's saying "YES!} in this photo.
After his testing and Payton's TKD class, we went back to my house to surprise my mom with a birthday cake for Papa Nutt....Angel Food Cake, one of his favorites!
Then we gave my mom a present.
I made her a pillow out of one of my dad's shirts.
She left to go to her Lifegroup, and then my friend/neighbor dropped off some beautiful flowers for me...to bring a smile to my face on a hard day.
Here's one of my favorite pictures of my dad {that I hadn't seen until recently}.  That sparkle in his eye and that mischievous smile captures him perfectly.

Dad, I wish I could have hugged you and told you happy birthday today.  I sure to miss you.  I miss your calls, miss hearing you call me Becca-boo-boo.  I can't wait to see and hug you again.  I love you Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!