Saturday, February 4, 2017

Date Day

I got to have a Date Day with my main squeeze!  After we dropped the littles to spend the night at Gigi's, we headed to Downtown Franklin.
We went to 55 South, but even at 2:30pm on a Saturday there was a 45 minute wait.  So we stopped into McCreary's Irish Pub instead and ohmigoodness...  I am so glad we did.  Don't get me wrong, 55 South is AMAZING and I can't wait to go back and get their Pimento BLT, but McCreary's was SO VERY GOOD.  Chris got Corned Beef & Cabbage {which you can see he loved!},
and I got Bangers and Mash. It was fan-tastic!
After some shopping, where Chris bought me this,
we headed back home to a quiet house.  Did I mention it was quiet?  As in we heard the crackling of the fire...the wind blowing outside. It was bizarre.  It was almost too quiet.
We got to FaceTime the littles before bed.
And then got to watch a movie.  A movie that (a) wasn't a Disney movie, (b) we didn't have to pause for snack/potty breaks, (c) we didn't have to rewind because one of the kids decided to talk in the middle of it.  It was great...and weird all at the same time.  We missed the kids, but we knew they were having fun at Gigi's and at Winter Camp {because he hadn't called us}.
Thanks Mom for taking care of the kiddos for us.  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!