Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving Break

I love when the kids are off from school . . .
no rushing in the morning,
getting to do fun things,
and just enjoying hanging out.
We did a lot of that this week.
~
Sunday I got in the car around 1:30 pm and my cup of ice water from yesterday still had ice in it.

The kids and I were going to meet up with my cousin and 2 of his kids who were in town.

Payton loved Sierra. (Yes, that is an older gentleman photo bombing our picture. He was a crack up!)
Dylan loved that Austin let him play games on his phone.
Me, Austin, Kevin (my cousin), & Sierra.
Austin goes to Belmont here in Nashville and Sierra and her dad were out looking at colleges.
So fun to catch up with family!
~
Monday was a stay in your jammies all day kind of day.  It was cold.
The kids made a "thankful for" banner while Rylan was napping.

And later it started snowing!

We started a new tradition.  When it snows, we drink hot coco.  Sounds like a great idea, right?
Unfortunately the snow melted just as soon as it hit the ground but it was still fun.
~
Tuesday Chris and I had to get our TN drivers licenses.
We arrived 20 minutes before it opened and had to wait outside in the freezing cold.

Did I mention it was snowing just yesterday?
~
I love finding random screen shots of when the kids FaceTimed with family.

~
I made Peppermint Mocha Steamers.

The kids really liked them!
~
Wednesday we went to the library and got library cards.  {Woot woot!}
Dylan got a new book.

And finished it in 4 days.  Crazy kid.
~
I wanted to bake again, so I made Mini Pecan Pies for Thanksgiving.

Dylan is SUCH a sweet boy.  It was 28 degrees outside and he offered to run and get the mail while I sat in the toasty warm car.

I love that kid.
~
Thursday morning we woke up early and headed to Georgia to spend Thanksgiving with Papa & Sasha.
God blessed us with an amazing sunrise. It was stunning.

Chris has worked a lot.  A whole lot.
He was worn out and had a bit of food poisoning (we think).
So as soon as we got to Papa & Sasha's he did this:

The Thanksgiving meal was oh so yummy {thanks Craig!} and went by WAY too fast.
All I did was make sweet potato casserole and green bean casserole.

And yes, my kids stayed in their jammies for the Thanksgiving meal.
Afterwards, I got to take a nap with this cuddlebug.

Then after {almost} everyone slept, we got to eat this:

Half pumpkin and have caramel apple cheesecake from Tamara.
Seriously yum.  If you are close to Alpharetta, GA, go and order one NOW.  I heard she has a peppermint one for the Christmas season.
~
Rylan started doing the funniest thing.

Yes, I snorted.  Embarrassing, I know.
~
Friday I got to sit out on the front porch and rock Ry to sleep, just like I did when I was pregnant and he was a newborn.

~

She makes me smile . . . big time.
~
Payton "drew" this on Sasha's iPad.
Its a cardinal {her school's mascot}.
~
Saturday we went to lunch at our favorite pizza place, Brooklyn Joe's, and then headed back home.
We planned it perfect because Rylan crashed out quickly.
The drive home was pretty.  Here's Nickajack Lake.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the granite walls.
When we got back into town we made a quick stop to pick up our tree.

Yea!  CHRISTmas is here!!!

Why yes, snacks DO taste better when you are sitting in a basket of dirty laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!