Thursday, November 21, 2013

Enchilasagna

This is a family favorite recipe that I have been making for years.
I've been making it so long, in fact, that I don't remember where the recipe came from.
I have it titled "Child of Chicken Enchilasagna" . . . and we just call it Enchilasagna.
I tried too look it up on-line and this recipe is the closest one I found, but I make mine a little different.
You can omit the chicken and double the black beans and make a yummy vegetarian version of it too.

Enchilasagna
Serves 8 - 245 calories per serving

28 ounce can Green Enchilada Sauce
1 cup Salsa (I usually use Pace mild or medium)
3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 tablespoon Ground Cumin
1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
12 Corn Tortillas sliced in half
15 ounce can Black Beans
1-1/2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese (I usually use Mexican Style Blend)

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  In a medium bowl, mix enchilada sauce and salsa.  Set aside.
3.  Cook and shred the chicken breasts.  Place back into the pan and season with cumin and garlic powder.  Add about 1 cup of the sauce/salsa mixture and stir.
4.  Lightly spray a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
5.  Pour about 3/4 cup sauce/salsa mixture in the bottom of the pan, just to cover.
6.  Layer tortillas, chicken, beans, cheese, sauce/salsa mixture and repeat ending with the cheese.
7.  Bake, uncovered for 30 minutes or until, bubbly and the cheese is golden brown on top.
8.  Cool for 5 minutes before serving.

Pretty easy and yummy for only 245 calories per serving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!