Saturday, August 27, 2011

What I ate...

This is the week of me forgetting to take pictures of my food. We ate out a lot this week and I have a hard time remembering to whip my camera out... So with that in mind, here you go:
Sunday August 21, 2011
Zaxby's Chicken Fingerz (3)
Baked Beans
Coleslaw
Roll
Chips
Cookie
Lemonaid
Water

We were at our church for a New Members meeting and they served us this yummy meal. I of course forgot to take a picture, but I ate almost everything listed. I guess you could say I was hungry? Or maybe that if it is in front of me, I will eat it. Let's go for the second one.
Anyhoo, it was my first time eating Zaxby's and I look forward to eating there again!

Monday August 22, 2011
Turkey Sandwich (I know, SO gourmet)
Water

Tuesday August 23, 2011
Green and White Salad
Half an Onion Bagel
Water

Wednesday August 24, 2011
The Varsity Hamburger
The Varsity Onion Rings
Water

I forgot to take a picture before I started eating... I ate the whole hamburger and one more onion ring.

This was the night of our church's Tailgate Kickoff Party. They provided dinner for free from The Varsity! Thanks FCBA! The Varsity is a big deal in Georgia. It is the worlds largest drive in restaurant and around since 1928. But I sadly have to say...it wasn't good. It was so greasy (even on top of the hamburger bun). Well, at least now I can say I've eaten a Varsity burger!

Thursday August 25, 2011
Blue Cheese Wedge
Chips and Salsa
Water

I again forgot to take a picture so this is the half way done shot. And just imagine chips and salsa.

Friday August 26, 2011
Taco Salad
Spanish Rice
Water

Saturday August 27, 2011
African Chicken
Rice
Water

My parents grew up as missionary kids in Africa. So this was a meal that we ate a few times a year and always looked forward to it. It is super yummy. My dad always joked with guests that it had monkey meat in it! Although it doesn't LOOK very pretty - I promise it tastes wonderful. This was my first time making it and of course, my mom's is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!