Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Cool Thing Happened

We went to WalMart a couple of days ago (goin-into town!), and had a really cool thing happen. Chris went thru the Self Checkout while I took Payton to the bathroom for the upteen-trillionth time. He handed me the receipt and I looked at it:
Notice anything wrong with it??? Ok, besides the Top Ramen, candy and chimichangas!!! (This wasn't a grocery shopping trip, we mainly needed fruit and of course impulse buys get thrown in...)

Our peaches rang up for $.03, nectarines for $.04, gala apples for $.05, tomatoes for $.05 and bananas for $.02!!! I know you can't SEE what we bought, but it was a HUGE bag of fruits (yes, tomatoes are fruits - look it up) and even ONE piece of fruit will ring up for way more.

So I went over to Customer Service and pointed it out, thinking that they would have to return everything and re-ring it up. The sweet old lady behind the counter was dumbfounded and chuckling about it. She called over the manager and showed her as well. The manager said, "Well, just let it go this time and I will go and fix the scales". The lady turned to me and said, "Ok there you go!" I said, "Really?" and she said "Yes". Another employee said, "Thank you for coming and telling us!" So we probably got $15-$20 worth of fruit for free.... What a huge blessing from God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!