Wednesday, March 23, 2016

12 South & Belmont University

Today was supposed to be the warmest day {without rain} for our Spring Break, so we headed up to walk around 12 South in Nashville. {We've driven through it many times, but have never stopped to check it out.} When we got there the wind was blowing and I was cold, so our first stop was at Frothy Monkey for hot tea. Dylan picked out an apple flavored tea for me that was super yummy.
We made a rookie mistake - we realized that we got there a tad too early because most places were not open yet...AND we were a tad too late to get a Cronut from Five Daughter's Bakery {They were sold out and only had 2 other types of donuts left!} Bummer!
~
My cousins' daughter, Sierra, goes to Belmont University so she came and met up with  us and showed us around. I didn't know that one of the "I Believe in Nashville" signs was there.
We took the kids to the playground for a bit.
Then we walked around and checked out all the yummy restaurants I want to come back and eat at. We ended at Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream. We had Cherries Jubilee, Lemon Buttermilk Frozen Yogurt {my fav} and Ry picked Wildberry Lavendar {which was surprisingly good!}.
The kids love "Sierra Mist" as they call her.
Next up: Sierra gave us a tour of the Belmont campus.
It's a stunningly beautiful place.
Beautiful buildings.
Beautiful flowers, grass areas and gazebos.
Go Bruins!
It was the first day that actually felt like spring...and it pooped the boys out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!