Saturday, October 31, 2015

Halloween 2015

Halloween is my least favorite of holidays.  I know, I know, boo for me.
I love the cute pumpkins, yummy food, awesome fall decorations, but Halloween also brings scary things; zombies, dead people, devils, ghosts, and witches.  Ugh.
Philippians 4:8 gets discussed a lot during this holiday:
Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
Scary stuff just doesn't fit into any of those categories, so we celebrate Halloween but focus on the noble, pure, lovely, excellent and fun stuff about it... Like carving pumpkins.
Rylan drew his pumpkin out.
Payton carved her pumpkin all by herself!
While taking pictures I caught this awesome tantrum that Rylan was throwing.
Here's his pumpkin:
Which was a tad bit too small to cut out, so we did this on the back side.
Iron Man
Elsa
Obi-Wan Kenobi
and I all headed to Dylan's TKD class.  They were playing some games and one of the instructors brought Iron Man out with her.
He helped set up a game,
And then he and Elsa officiated it.
They also included them in the costume contest.
It was a dreary day.
The forecast was 100% rain for trick or treating time.
But we got ready anyway. Payton got to wear make up.
Which both boys could not get over.  They kept staring at her and commenting on her make up!
We grabbed our umbrellas and headed out.
And it did not rain one single drop!
Our neighborhood was a total blast and we were out for about an hour.  I came back looking 5 months  preggo because my pockets were filled with the kids candy that didn't fit into their buckets {Chris' pockets were full too!}.
Then the best part of trick or treating.
sorting and checking out the loot!
And then making trades.
The kids were nice and gave some candy to Chris and me.
And then after the sugar rush...came the sugar crash.
Hope you had a happy halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!