Monday, September 9, 2013

Potato Chip Toffee Cookies {recipe}


Um . . . need I say more?

Sasha (my mother-in-law) found and showed me this recipe in a Woman's World magazine.
They were highlighting it from the blog www.sallysbakingaddiction.com.
Click {here} to go to the original recipe.
There are some slight differences; the name is different; one called for cornstarch, the other didn't; some of the measurements are different; etc., so I will share the one from the magazine that I used.
{Oh darn, I just may have to make some more with the other recipe to see which is better!}

Potato Chip Toffee Cookies
makes 24 cookies
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1½ teaspoons cornstarch
½ teaspoons salt
¾ cup unsalted butter, melted (I used salted)
¾ cup packed light brown sugar (I used dark brown sugar)
½ cup granulated sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yoke
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup crushed ruffled potato chips
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used chocolate chunks)
½ cup chopped Heath bars

Mix flour, soda, cornstarch and salt in a large bowl; reserve.  
In a medium bowl, whisk together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.  Whisk in egg, then yolk and vanilla.
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients; mix.  Dough will be very soft.
Fold in potato chips, chocolate chips and chopped Heath bars.
Cover; chill 2 hours or up to 3 days.  Allow dough to soften slightly at room temperature for 10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
Roll dough into 24 balls.  Dough will be crumbly, but the warmth of your hands will allow balls to stay intact.  (I just used a cookie scoop.)  Place on baking sheets.
Bake 11-12 minutes.  Cookies will look very soft and under-baked.  Do not bake longer than 12 minutes.  Cool 10 minutes; transfer to racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!