Thursday, September 12, 2013

No Excuses


While packing today I came across an old fax, my mom had copied for me.
{For all you young'ins, a "fax" was pre-email.  You used a fax machine that you "scanned" a piece of paper into, dialed another person's fax number, their fax machine answered and printed it out.}

Geez, I feel old.

Anywho.  It was similar to an email forward . . . but this one stuck with me.  Over the years, I have thought about what it said and how true it is.
How many of these people do I identify with?

Which one am I most like?
Right now in my life, I would say I am like Gideon.  I'm too afraid.  Too afraid that I will say the wrong thing.  Too afraid that I won't have the answers.  Too afraid to make the wrong decision.  Too afraid to look stupid.  Too afraid to fail.

When I stand before God and have to answer for my life, these excuses will all seem so empty.  I don't want to have excuses, I want God to use me to my full potential!  I want to be brave, bold and used for HIS glory, despite my shortcomings in life.

What about you?  Which is your excuse?

1 comment:

  1. If we all would admit our weeknesses as you have done then the Lord will use us!!!

    2 Corinthians 12:10b (NIV)
    That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!