Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Pleated Poppy

Before I get to The Pleated Poppy goodness, let me tell you about my day...
Today was day 2 of our whole week off of school for Dylan (woot woot!).  Yesterday was a beautiful day and we spent as much time outside as possible.  So when Chris needed to go into the office this morning for a few hours I decided to take the kids out and about.  
We went to a friends house for a little while, but it was cool, dreary and too damp to play outside.  I had planned on taking the kids to a park afterward to let them play until we had to pick Chris up, but it rained while we were there.  The kids had eaten all their lunch that I packed and were still hungry so we went to Panera Bread (yum!) instead of the park.
We (I mean me, Dylan and Payton) LOVE Panera Bread - Chris, notsomuch!  So it was a special treat.

We picked up Chris and headed home and then it hit me.  I was POOPED, plain ol' tuckered out.  I crawled into bed and "tried" to do a puzzle with Payton and Dylan and ended up falling asleep.  For the next 3 hours I was in and out of sleep.  I was just not feeling great.  Chris thinks its all the "baby expansion project" that I am doing (as you can see from my post yesterday).  Chris went down to make dinner (aawww - what a sweet guy!) while I laid around.

I finally came downstairs to eat dinner and a package was on the counter.  I looked and saw it was from "The Pleated Poppy" and got all excited!  I opened it and my sister had got me this:

A Pleated Poppy covered notebook!  Needless to say we are stalkers of her blog (is it ok to admit that?) and have numerous times had conversations that included: "Did you see Lindsey's post today?"  Like she is one of our friends...Ha!  So this definitely put a smile on my face today.  Little did she know that I was just looking for a journal for church/Bible study and now I have the perfect one!  Thanks Jeannine for putting a smile on my face!  I l.o.v.e. it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!