Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Heart Day!

1 John 3:16  By this we know love, that HE laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers. (ESV)

Valentine's day is awesome because I am reminded (and get to share with my kids) that Jesus showed the greatest act of love, by dying on the cross - taking the punishment of MY sin.   And that I can love my husband and kids because HE loved me first.

1 John 4:19 We love because HE first loved us. (ESV)

One of our traditions is to have a "Valentine's Breakfast" (yes, we call it that all year long) which is French Toast and Bananas and Berries.
And here are the valentines that I did for the kids:

They were super easy.  Crepe paper hung from their door frames with homemade "conversation hearts" stapled to it and a heart valentine on the bottom.

Poor Chris was sick in bed all day long.  It still was a wonderful Valentine's day since we got to spend it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!