Saturday, December 9, 2017

Dickens of a Christmas 2017

Downtown Franklin has an amazing event every year called Dickens of a Christmas.  My momma and I bundled up and took the kids this year.
 It's a big festival where they recreate the Charles Dickens era.  There are people walking through the crowds chatting with people walking by, musicians, street performers all in full costume and with accents.
Our favorite guy to see is the blacksmith.
 He even let Rylan help in his demonstration.
Rylan got to keep the coat hook he helped him make!
Did I mention it was cold?
 Actually it was FREEZING.
 We ducked into Philanthropy to warm up a bit.  Philanthropy is one of my favorite stores in Downtown Franklin.  It's Christian owned and not only do a portion of every purchase goes to fund charities, but they will have {for example} sandals made from ladies in a 3rd world country on display and it will explain their story and how buying these sandals will help them specifically.  But my FAVORITE part of the store is their prayer wall.  It is full of prayer requests people have written down for you to pray over or for you to add your own request.
Payton wrote her own request and added it to the wall.
But she turned it around so we couldn't read it.  She wanted to keep it from us, which is okay.  I know someone is covering my sweet girls request in prayer.
Ry wanted to write his own prayer request. 
It says "Please let it snow. Rylan - 5 Yrs Old".  Precious!
 And he hung it on the wall.
Click {here} to see when we went to Dickens of a Christmas 2 years ago {man how my kiddos have grown!}!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!