Friday, November 3, 2017

One Year Later

So, the reason that my sisters and Miles came into town was for today, November 3rd.  Today is the first anniversary of my dad's passing.  We KNEW it was going to be hard, and wanted to be together on this day.  We planned to have a potluck at my mom's with some friends from Tennessee that knew him and weren't able to be at his memorial.
We also wanted to put in a memorial of my dad in my mom's yard.  
Miles, Dylan and Payton prepped the area.
Then we got ready and everyone arrived.
Miles prayed.
And then we ate,
and chatted.
It was a beautiful evening {We were expecting it to rain so that was a great surprise!},
So some sat outside.
I love this lady.  Such a great friend!
Miles gathered everyone together and shared some Bible verses and spoke about my dad.  Then we went around and people shared touching and funny stories about my dad.  And remember, these people had only known my dad 5 months...but he loved them well and they loved him back!
After we gathered outside,
and put in a cross to remember my sweet daddy.
It was a very sweet time, and I am so thankful that these friends gathered around my mom and us to remember my daddy today.
After everyone left, we cleaned up and hung out for a bit.  Jeannine, Miles and Davese were all leaving first thing in the morning.
Rylan got some coloring time in with Unc.
And then we said goodbye....until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!