Saturday, November 14, 2015

Week #46 {2015}

Sunday. Ahhh. This guy. Every morning yells "mom!" for me to come and get him
out of bed. It's one of my favorite things.
My sister {Hi Davese!} posted this on Facebook. And it had been rolling over and over in my mind all week.
Daniel 3 is one of my favorite bible stories from when I was little.  It was about Shadrach, Meshach and "To bed I go" {was what I called him!}.  King Nebuchadnezzar was going to throw them into the fiery furnace because they would not bow down and worship false gods.  They knew that the Lord  would be able to save them.  But they also trusted that God is who he said he is and they would follow him, even if God didn't answer their prayer the way they wanted him to.

Daniel 3:16-18 ~ Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego replied to the king, “O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to give you an answer concerning this matter. If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the furnace of blazing fire; and He will deliver us out of your hand, O king. But even if He does notlet it be known to you, O king, that we are not going to serve your gods or worship the golden image that you have set up.”

So If God doesn't answer my prayers the way I want him to...HE IS STILL GOOD.
~
Monday she posted this as well.
Rylan started adding eyelashes to his faces he draws.
Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza was what was for dinner. This is another meal that everyone loves {although Dylan picks off the red onion}.
Gigi sent the kids a fun Thanksgiving craft. Dylan was multitasking...making his squirrel and playing on his iPad. {Can you say pre-teen?}
Tuesday morning called for piggy tails for my little lady.
Wednesday the kids had the day off of school for Veteran's Day. Since it looks like our last day of being in the 70's we spent most of it outside. We had arts & crafts.
Ry learned to skateboard.
Then Darby {one of my awesome neighbors} dumpster dove to make the kids bike ramps!
Rylan had no fear and went right for both the tiny ramp:
and the bigger ramp:
For dinner we had Green & White Salad. Yum.
Then went over to Darby's house for s'mores.
We also spent the day talking about the Veterans that our in our family and ones that are friends.  They made sacrifices to keep our family's freedom and we can enjoy days like this because of them.  We are forever grateful.
~
Nuggle time with Ry, who wants to take pictures all the time lately. He tells me what to include in the shot {"your whole head momma"} and tells me where to look and to smile.
Thursday morning he wanted to take pictures again. This kids cracks me up.
For dinner I made Poblano Rigatoni. It was de-lish and it was loaded with veggies!
Friday I found an awesome cleaning video that shows how to get rid of hard water stains and it TOTALLY works. Plus it's super easy! Click {here} to watch it.
~
Life lesson #64039 - you make a mess, you clean it up.
I made Pasta e Fagioli {an Olive Garden copycat} for the first time and it was a hit.
Saturday morning snuggles with my littles. Which after last night's news about Paris, was even more special.
Our world is so broken. People are hurting so much. Evil seems to be at every turn. We all need more of Jesus....and Davese's post from earlier this week is even more impactful. "And if not, he is still good." My heart aches for the families that lost loved ones. But God is still good. 
~
I ended the week with an iced tea from McAlister's. It's truly the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!