Thursday, November 12, 2015

Poblano Rigatoni {recipe}

2 years ago, while I was documenting What I Ate, I put a link to the Poblano Rigatoni recipe I found online {although I just used the printed recipe in my recipe book since then}. 
I just went to the link to make it for dinner tonight and realized the recipe is bad...like really bad. It was missing measurements and what to do with the vegetables! So here's the full recipe:

Poblano Rigatoni
1 lb rigatoni pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 poblano chiles (8 oz) or 2 large green peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
1 small onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
2 small zucchini (about 6 oz each), cut into 1/2-inch slices
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
1 teaspoon salt
1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
4 oz Monterey Jack cheese, cut into small cubes

Directions:
1.  Cook pasta per instructions on box and drain.
2.  While the pasta is cooking, heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.  Add chiles and onion; cook until lightly charred and tender-crisp (approx 7 minutes).
3.  Add zucchini; cover and cook 3 minutes.
4.  Add garlic, oregano, and salt; cook 30 seconds.
5.  Stir in tomatoes; cover and cook until slightly softened (I usually wait for one to burst).
6.  In a serving bowl, toss pasta, vegetables and cheese cubes.

Look at how the cheese melts all over...that's yummy goodness right there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!